Content Marketing: A Strategy for Success in Digital Marketing
The current information society (where information grows exponentially), coupled with the wide spread and reach of 2.0 technologies, brings new scenarios and new models of behavior for consumers, companies and markets.
In the digital age people interact with the company, they co-produce the product or service. It is in this new scenario that the need to create Content Marketing or Content Marketing is born.
The traditional marketing model is based on the concept of Outbound Marketing or Outbound Marketing, based on persuasion, interruption, expensive advertising campaigns …
These characteristics conflict with the current culture of a society that seeks more privacy, autonomy and less disruption. Thanks to the Internet and digital media, information is available to everyone, so most of the time, what users need and want, they look for it.
Brian Clark in his article “Content Marketing 101” defines that Content Marketing is the delivery of information with independent value, which inspires confidence, credibility, and establishes authority for the company that creates the content.
According to this author users are the main search engines who want valuable information, and do not want to receive aggressive sales offers. For this reason, companies are trying to motivate their potential customers to sign up for their newsletters to receive quality information, convincing them of the benefits of their services and products, and finally converting them into customers, and retaining them to the brand.
The new model or the new rules of social media or digital marketing attract users seeking information, ideas, solutions … If you apply a good Content Marketing strategy you can get to attract the ideal customer with relevant content geared to their needs Individuals.
This strategy must be capable of encompassing all types of practices and activities of content creation, both offline and online, to publicize a brand, products or services, without selling aggressively, from the content useful for capturing possible Customers and loyalty. Its effectiveness is based on credibility, consistency, consistency and contextuality.
The strategy of Content Marketing is framed within what is called according to Brian Hallingan (2009) Inbound Marketing or Attraction Marketing, that is to say, it is the consumer by its own means that reaches the product or service on the Internet attracted by a message Or for quality content based on their own interests. Unlike Outbound Marketing where the attention or interest of the consumer is bought, Inblound Marketing the attention is gained.
The keys to the success of the strategies are:
- Quality Content. The contents must be original, contribute added value, incorporate own points of view and generate dialogues (social networks).
- Professionals. It is the role of Content Curator specialized in editing quality content and able to influence social networks and get engagement (create links with your audience).
The formats to include content are very diverse, but they must respond to a brand strategy with a clear objective. The most common are social media, newsletters, blogs, whitepapers, videos, events, flash-mobs, podcast, webminars, wikis, e-books …
The main social networks where more content is distributed according to the newspaper are Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, Linkedin, Tumblr …
To achieve the ultimate goal of Content Marketing (attracting customers, sales and loyalty), it is necessary to plan and execute the following phases:
- Analysis and definition of objectives. It is necessary to create a Social Media Plan that takes into account all elements and details of the strategy, as well as the measurement of results and return on investment. Tools and techniques should be used to optimize the search of potential customers and stand out from the competition. To do so, digital marketing tools such as web traffic analysis, thematic and keyword analysis, competency analysis and SEO techniques are useful.
- Creating a reference website or blog. The web must have a well-designed structure that takes users from the contents to the possible sale.
- Creating Content. There must be a constant policy of generating quality content in multiple formats and types of content. They should contribute to the goals set.
- Dissemination and Promotion of Contents. This requires a strong active presence in social networks and other social media, talking and talking, actively listening and promoting smartly, that is, progressively building a community of customers and fans, platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Slideshare, Twitter, WordPress, Tumblr …
Regarding future trends, according to data from a survey published by IDG Enterprise, conducted among 740 marketing professionals, it says that 84% of the participants consider that the generation of content is a good that is revalued day by day. So it is predicted that this mode of marketing will continue to evolve and will be increasingly demanded by companies wishing to carry out an effective marketing strategy.